Tuesday 31 May 2016

GRWM: Prom

Last Friday (27th May) was my sixth form prom, so I thought I'd share with you how I decided to do my makeup for prom.


So firstly I used the MAC prep + prime primer, I got this as a sample when I made a mac order and it provides a great smooth base for you makeup and helps it last all night. Both my foundation and my concealer were from the Revlon Colorstay range, I recently wrote a post about this foundation so I'll link it here if you would like to find out more about this foundation. For highlight, I used both the Barry M strobe cream in the Shade '2' and the MAC mineralized skin finish in 'soft and gentle', to get that 10/10 glow.  Then for contour, I used the Benefit hoola bronzer to define my cheekbones and face but then I used the Nars 'laguna' bronzer to get an overall bronzed glow to my face. Then finally I lightly used the Sleek 'pomegranate' blush on my cheeks, so add some colour back to my face.



For my eyes I firstly used the Urban Decay primer portion to prime my eyes, I absolutely love this product as many of you will know, then I used mainly the Stila 'Eyes are the window to the soul' palette. So firstly I used 'heart' all over my lid and then I used 'thought' in my crease then I also used a little bit of 'character' and then from my Nars duo eyeshadow in 'brousse' i used the left shade and used those to darken the eye look up a bit. I also used 'light' to blend everything out then finally used 'kitten' on my inner corner. I then added some false lashes by Eylure, this was like the second time I've ever used them I really loved the way they made my lashes look. For mascara, i used the Bourjois one second mascara, which I have been absolutely loving recently. Finally, on my lips, i just decided to go for a nude and I used the Soap and Glory matte lipstick in 'super nude'.



I also decided to buy some false nails these are by Elegant touch and I absolutely loved them, they stayed on so well and looked so natural, so I will definitely be repurchasing these in the future. 


So to end this post I thought I'd just add some photos from prom







Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed!







No comments:

Post a Comment